?

Log in

tmserenity

In the Alliance Brig during the assault on Niska's Skyplex

« previous entry | next entry »
Sep. 6th, 2006 | 10:23 pm
posted by: drsimontam in tmserenity

(TAG Inara, Wash, and Kaylee)

Waiting in the brig … watching River leave… wondering what was happening to Malcom… Simon's face was grey and lined with worry. Every time he thought he could handle this life out here... in the Black, on the raggedy edge, so far from civilization, he found out that he was wrong. He wasn't made for this life... and probably wouldn't survive long in it.

Simon was used to careful plans. He hoped Harken knew what he was doing. He was conscious that Harken was only doing it… only expending so much effort and so many resources, in order to recover Malcom so that he could hand them over to someone higher up in his chain of command… which eventually led to Parliament… or perhaps to the Blue Hands.

Simon knew there were more of them out there. There couldn’t be only the two they’d managed to kill. There was probably a whole army of them… still searching for River… and Harken had managed to find her for them.

“Inara,” Simon said softly. “We’ve got to convince Harken to let us go. He has orders to turn us over to his superior."

Datacube | Jabber jabber jabber | Share

Comments {16}

Inara Serra

(no subject)

from: only_fell
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 02:47 am (UTC)
Datacube

"Have you a plan?" Inara asked in the same quiet tone. "I agree we need to convince him to let us go and I want to get back to Serenity but I'm not certain what we can do. I can contact the counciler that visited the ship last time we were in this system but I don't know if she can help us."

wav | Thread

(no subject)

from: ace_pilot_wash
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 08:20 pm (UTC)
Datacube

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to contact her, right? Worst thing she can do is say she has no pull?" Wash looked up at Inara, his face as if it was set in stone. He was worrying, like they all were worrying. He hated what was going on, but there was nothing else that could be said or done on the matter.

wav | Parent | Thread

Inara Serra

(no subject)

from: only_fell
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 08:36 pm (UTC)
Datacube

Inara nodded at Wash. "I'll contact her. Any of my wavs are going to be monitored so I'll have to be careful what I say and what I ask for."

wav | Parent | Thread

drsimontam

(no subject)

from: drsimontam
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 09:15 pm (UTC)
Datacube

"Yes, it's a good sign that they are allowing us so much freedom," Simon said.

"I don't have a plan. Let's come up with one. He let us go last time when he could have investigated us more thoroughly and found out about... well, the smuggling..." Simon trailed off distractedly. His brain wasn't working. Being without Malcom was a new stress he never anticipated.

"True, Malcom saved his life from that Reaver last time... but I think that he is essentially a good man. He did seem unusually curious about Miranda and the Reavers. I thought everyone would have heard about what happened. I mean, it's hard to hide a space battle between a hundred ships."

wav | Parent | Thread

Inara Serra

(no subject)

from: only_fell
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 11:23 pm (UTC)
Datacube

"Apparently the alliance has figured out a way to hide it...Perhaps if we told him what happened, showed him the message?" Inara suggested.

wav | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: meimechanic
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 11:41 pm (UTC)
Datacube

"Could go on the cortex. It's all over on there." Kaylee said. "Must be livin' in a hole if he ain't seen it. Got links all over the place plain as day." She shoved her hands in the back pockets of her pants.

wav | Parent | Thread

drsimontam

(no subject)

from: drsimontam
date: Sep. 7th, 2006 11:55 pm (UTC)
Datacube

"The researcher's message? Oh he's seen that. Everyone has seen that. He asked me in detail about the battle... between the Reavers and the Alliance."

Simon didn't want to mention out loud that fact that Malcom had deliberately started that war as cover to get hte message out. He was trying to think of ways to get Harken on their side, and he was sure they were under observation.

"He needs to understand the basic philosophy behind the message we broadcast still very much exists and that what they did to River is very much along the same vein. She needs to be freed. He needs to let us go. And," Simon swallowed before he continued, "you have a ... way with people... YOu might be our best bet at persuasion."

wav | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: meimechanic
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 12:32 am (UTC)
Datacube

"Want 'Nara to talk to Commander Harken 'bout why he should let us go?" Kaylee asked, confused. "Don't think he's gonna let us go? Was nice to me. Wouldn't break us all up... take River from us, would he?"

wav | Parent | Thread

Inara Serra

(no subject)

from: only_fell
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 12:52 am (UTC)
Datacube

"I can talk to him, but I don't know that it will do any good. I can try and explain to him that River is a perfect example of how the alliance is still trying to change people," Inara said. She wasn't sure there was a lot of hope for that, but she was also sure that she didn't want Serenity taken into custody. Once they got Mal on board, she wanted him to be able to head out in the black. It was bad for her business but she knew it helped him heal to be on his ship out in the middle of nowhere.

wav | Parent | Thread

drsimontam

(no subject)

from: drsimontam
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 01:19 am (UTC)
Datacube

"I think he'll hand the lot of us over to Parliament and they'll have River back at the lab before... before you can spit!" Simon scrubbed his hand through his hair.

"Inara... you have special ... talents..."

He really wished Kaylee wasn't in the room for this. Hell, he wished he wasn't in the room.

wav | Parent | Thread

Inara Serra

(no subject)

from: only_fell
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 01:35 am (UTC)
Datacube

Inara arched an eyebrow at Simon. "You're suggesting I have sex with Harken in return for him letting us go?"

wav | Parent | Thread

drsimontam

(no subject)

from: drsimontam
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 01:42 am (UTC)
Datacube

"No, no, I wasn't... nothing so crude." Simon reared back, horrified. Companions had ... so many talents. If he thought that simple sex would do it, he'd tell Kaylee...

Dear Black he was glad he hadn't said that aloud.

His face reddened and he stammered.

wav | Parent | Thread

Inara Serra

(no subject)

from: only_fell
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 01:44 am (UTC)
Datacube

"I'll speak to Harken. I don't know that it will help, but I'll try. What are you suggesting? Exactly," Inara asked.

wav | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: meimechanic
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 01:43 am (UTC)
Datacube

Kaylee's jaw dropped and she shook her head. "That ain't... I mean Simon ain't suggestin' that... He wouldn't..." She decided it had to be a joke and lifted a corner of her lips. "Noooo... he ain't suggestin' no such thing."

wav | Parent | Thread

drsimontam

(no subject)

from: drsimontam
date: Sep. 8th, 2006 11:54 am (UTC)
Datacube

"I'm asking you to help me get River out of this... and all of us. Harken is the key." He looked at Inara, pleading, then let his gaze sweep past Kaylee and Wash.

"It's far too late for the sort of clandestine, heavy advance planning I'm was good at. Maybe Harken will listen to Malcom... If Malcom can speak".

In a few moments the order came to bring Dr. Tam to the airlock and he left under guard to sanitize and get into scrubs.

wav | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: ace_pilot_wash
date: Sep. 9th, 2006 02:21 pm (UTC)
Datacube

Wash's eyes had widened when Simon started talking to Inara. He didn't like the idea anymore than Simon obviously did, by the way his face reddened and he had begun to stammer. He was lucky Inara didn't do something to him at that point. Though seeing Inara rough him up would have been somewhat amusing.

"Well, that went well."

wav | Parent | Thread